Opportunities to change the retail industry across continents.
Clear Demand Company Overview
Clear Demand is the first company to deliver an omni-channel lifecycle pricing solution for retailers that synchronizes prices, promotions and markdowns online and in-store to produce a consistent brand and shopping experience. Clear Demand uses its patented science that analyzes historical sales to understand shoppers’ sensitivity to price and generate price and promotion strategies that account for pricing rules, cost changes and competitor prices to achieve profit and revenue goals. Architected on big data and delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS), Clear Demand’s Intelligent Price Maintenance and Optimization (IPMO) solution can be administered from a public or private cloud. Clear Demand’s innovations in retail science simplify adoption and use, while allowing retailers to see value in just weeks with more transparency and minimal disruption to existing business.
Clear Demand offers a competitive salary with stock options and a benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k.
Job Description – Senior Data Scientist
Clear Demand has an immediate opening for a Senior Data Scientist located in Scottsdale, Arizona. This is a permanent position with tremendous potential for growth. We are looking for a hands-on scientific programmer with experience solving mathematical problems. The candidate must be comfortable with regression, optimization, forecasting, statistics, and algorithms, preferably with experience in a business setting. We’re looking for a candidate who can think creatively and execute ideas quickly. As Senior Data Scientist, you will be a member of Clear Demand’s Science Team. You will work with Product Engineering and Professional Services to solve price, promotion, and forecasting problems for clients and develop industry leading software. This position involves trouble shooting production issues and will require a strong sense of urgency to meet client timelines and service levels. There will be occasional periods of travel to customer sites required.
- Software Development
- Analytical Tools for
- Data visualization
- Management of product attribute data
- Store-Zone Clustering
- KVI Analysis
- Category Strategy
- Simulation Tools to test algorithms
- Analytical Tools for
- Data specifications
- User guide content
- PPT slides for customer presentations
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency with:
- Python, R, and/or MATLAB
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- C, Java, and/or .NET
- Big Data (such as Hadoop and MongoDB) desirable
- Performance optimization and debugging
- SQL desirable
- Strong analytical skills in math and science.
- Experience working with large data volumes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Knowledge of retail pricing, merchandising, and category management is desired
- Experience in production software development (GIT, JIRA, etc.)
- Successful track record working in a cross-functional software team including professional services, science, and development
- Previous experience in creating and delivering requirements documents
- Team player, self-starter, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel required. Working knowledge of SQL and R is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in a quantitative field is strongly preferred (math, engineering, science, or economics)
- 5 years related experience with software vendors in retail
- Knowledge, experience, and proficiency with software development technology
- Displays superior business acumen and communications skills to work effectively with corporate leadership teams. Adds value to the organization and ability to liaise effectively between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Takes initiative to identify and address issues and opportunities, and proactively contributes to the business.
College degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics is required
To apply, please your send resume to HumanResources@ClearDemand.com.
To learn more about Clear Demand, visit http://ClearDemand.com.